Nigerian troops have finally bombed the Boko Haram notorious hideout in Sambisa Forest, the
The attack was launched as a part as part of actions to cover and suppress the Boko Haram terrorists.
Maj-Gen Chris Olukolade, the director of defense information, said that the army had been attacking the forest and other hideouts of the terror group since Tuesday night.
The military used it war drones to reach some of the Boko Haram camps in the northeast but it was not clear about the losses on both sides. The army said that they are still dedicated to fortifying the civilian population at whatever cost.
Olukolade said: “We are still committed in ensuring that we degrade their ability to continue their activities and eventually eliminate them.”
“The mission is on. There are no allowing terrorists anywhere. As many times as they come, it will only give us the opportunity to decimate them.”
It was learnt that troops of the Nigerian Army under instruction to raid Sambisa forest in Borno State with a view to end the years of Boko Haram insurgency, have started bombarding the borders of the forest near Adamawa state.
Sources close to the area have confirmed that midair bombing had started yesterday.
According to the soldier, who is serving with 7division and confirmed the information, but asked not to be named, “special forces have been mobilised from different part of the country, especially the 81 battalion, to Yola over the weekend and the operation starts today (Monday).”
“What people may have heard or seen today may not be unconnected with the operation. They have to do the bombardment of the forest starting from the fringes before the artillery troops would begin to advance. But be rest assured that before the end of this week the forest as well as many communities under the control of Boko Haram would be reclaimed”.
No comments:
Post a Comment