Labels

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Boko Haram Survivor Treks From Adamawa To Abuja, Narrates How Terrorists Burnt Family Alive

boko haram survivor treks adamawa abuja

A man from Adamawa State who is currently residing in Mararaba, Mr James Yaduma recently talked to Leadership Magazine on how he lost his family members to Boko Haram during a raid in his village about 7 months ago.
Yaduma, who was a farmer before he was sent packing from his village, has since started a new vocation in his new found abode to keep body and soul together by scooping sand in a nearby stream and disposing it to builders of houses as the place is a beehive of construction.
Hear him;

“They struck our village in the wee hours of that fateful Friday and started shooting indiscriminately leading to the death of many residents.
“My aged parents, who could not run for dear lives, were trapped in our family house where the insurgents met them, set a bonfire and threw them inside alive,” 
“When I started hearing gun shots, I instantly knew that Boko Haram had struck our village having taken over Mubi and other parts of the state. Since they took over Mubi, we could not sleep anymore as we knew very soon our village will come under attack,”.
“After I escaped, I set out to Abuja since I know I have relatives here. I trekked most of the distance from Hong to Abuja but at intervals some spirited motorists do offer some help after hearing my ordeal,” he said.
“I am appealing to President- elect, whom I believe is an upright man to do all within his power to restore peace in Nigeria as many people have been made to suffer unnecessarily, having lost their lives and properties to the insurgency.
“Some of us want to return back to our villages but we cannot do so; all our houses, businesses and farms have been destroyed,” .

No comments:

Post a Comment